Notre Dame 10th Anniversary
Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary contains the Notre Dame base game, the New Persons expansion that first appeared in the 2009 alea Treasure Chest, and a new "New Persons" set of nine characters.
In Notre Dame, players take on the roles of the heads of influential families in Paris at the end of the 14th century. In the shadow of the Notre Dame cathedral, the players compete for prosperity and reputation. Each family controls one of the 3–5 boroughs that surround the site of Notre Dame. As head of their family, each player tries — through clever use of their action cards — to advance the power and prestige of their family, but penalties are assessed on those who do not take care of the health of the people who live in their borough. The player with the most prestige at the end wins.
The "New Person" expansions allow for more variety during gameplay since these characters make different actions available to the players, and they consist of the following characters:
A period cards:
- Bell-ringer: When hiring the bell-ringer, take 3 prestige points for each influence marker of their color on the central Notre Dame sector.
- Priest: When hiring the priest, players take one influence marker from the general supply and place it onto the central Notre Dame sector. Nothing else happens.
- Procurator: When hiring the procurator, players execute the action of any one of their seven sectors according to the influence markers (incl. the trusted friend) in it.
B period cards:
- Benefactor: When hiring the benefactor, players may return any number of victory points to the supply. For each returned victory point they may move their rat marker one place backwards (but never below 0)
- Butcher: When hiring the butcher, players place one influence marker from the general supply into each empty sector in their borough. The corresponding actions are not executed
- Trader: When hiring the trader, players take 1 gold coin from the supply for each of their marketplaces that don't have message tokens on it.
C period cards:
- Actress: When hiring the actress, players move all influence markers (incl. their trusted friend) from a sector (not Notre Dame) to any other sector in their borough (not Notre Dame!) and execute the corresponding action.
- Gravedigger: When hiring the gravedigger, players take prestige points from the supply, the number of points corresponding to the current plague value.
- Mistress: When hiring the mistress, players take one influence marker from the general supply, place it in the sector with their trusted friend, and execute the corresponding action. (If the trusted friend is not yet in the borough the mistress evokes no action.)
Notre Dame: 10th Anniversary also includes a small expansion for The Castles of Burgundy titled Trade Routes.